- Patsy Cline – never a beard, rarely a cowboy hat
- Hank Williams, Sr. – never a beard, always a cowboy hat
- Alabama – always beards (3/4 of them, anyway), never cowboy hats
- Hank Williams, Jr. – always a beard, always a cowboy hat
- Willie Nelson – always a beard, sometimes a cowboy hat (ooh, mixing it up!)
- Roger Miller – rarely a beard,*** never a cowboy hat
* Yeah, we're all temporally discombobulated around here.
** Assume we're talking about during the well-known phases of their careers, while performing, etc.; not when they were five or when they're in the shower or whatever.
*** His bearded appearance on the Muppets being the only anomaly I've seen.