Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"What's the Pepper Special Tonight?"

I had one of those anxiety dreams the other night where you're thrown into some weird impossible scenario and everything is going wrong and you don't know what to do and you can't figure out how you wound up there. I was somehow suddenly waiting tables at an unknown restaurant: I hadn't been trained; I didn't know where anything was; I didn't know the menu. But after trying (and failing) to take an order, I learned what the restaurant's specialty was: pepper ("What's the pepper special tonight?"), fancy exorbitantly priced artisanal pepper* presented in little thimble-sized servings.

What's the dream-symbolism of artisanal pepper?

* Is there such a thing? Of course.

2 comments:

  1. Artisinal pepper is only made by monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marco8:49 AM

    Sorry for the spelling. There was a monkey on my back.

    The artisinal black pepper might be symbolic of your admitted creative obsessions in many areas. Photos, music, language, math, logic, mixology...
    Variety is the black pepper of life.

    ReplyDelete