Friday, June 03, 2011

Ain't That the Life?

Do you ever have those "Ain't that the life?" moments? They can surprise you. As I was sitting on my balcony early this morning, I heard slow silky music coming from somewhere. And then I saw a portly middle-aged man with a small helmet strapped to his big noggin pull up on a moped at the stop sign below. On the back he'd rigged a large boombox which was wafting out some mellow soul-jam. He gave two little exclamatory beeps of thie horn, then went on his way, moving slowly, seeming to be in no great rush to get wherever he was going and damn well going to enjoying the process of getting there. And I thought myself, "Ain't that the life?"*

* Which, all in all, seems like a pretty obtainable lifestyle vision if I really chose to pursue it, much easier than Ferraris and mansions.

No comments:

Post a Comment