Thursday, December 22, 2011

Silly Crap Around My Office: The Globe


The globe used to be June's. It was in her room, on a stand. At some point the stand got lost, and the globe rolled around on the floor for a while. I was cleaning up one day. I found it. I thought, that would be better off in our office at work than it would rolling around on June's floor. I took it to work. We needed to hang it. We found some sort of stretchy nubby-ball slingshot-thing that had a long chord (and the nubby ball part fit into the globe and held it good.) We hung it from the ceiling. There it is. You can't see the chair directly beneath it. Whenever anyone who has never sat in that chair before sits in it, they almost invariable, at some point, look up and say, "Oh, I never knew [such and such feature of the southern hemisphere] was there." Like clockwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment