Monday, August 06, 2012

Cat's Claw and Corrugated Rust


I'm a photographer and a homeowner. These are both good things but they are very different perspectives. As a photographer, I think: Look at that rusty old shed with all that Cat's Claw. That's cool. Let me snap a pic. As a homeowner, I think: Thank God that rusty old shed with all that Cat's Claw is somebody else's problem. (Seriously, Cat's Claw is trying to eat this city. Turn away for a minute, and that stuff will gobble up half your house. Between the ever encroaching water and the ever encroaching flora, we have few illusions of permanence around here. It takes constant work just to keep this place from disappearing.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    I'VE ACTUALLY SEEN CAT'S CLAW OFFERED FOR SALE IN A PLANT CATALOGUE. FOR NORTHERN CLIMES, I BELIEVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeds are in the eye of the beholder, and I actually have a fondness for the stuff -- when it bursts into yellow flowers, it's lovely -- but around here it's us-or-them. The battle lines have been and the Cat's Claw must be kept at bay. (We settle for containment. Eradication is not an option.)

    ReplyDelete