Friday, January 04, 2013

From the Doodle-Ma-Tron: Grand Dame


I dig her hat. A good broad brim can look mighty fine. Though of course I myself couldn't pull it off; I'm not a member of the broad-brimmed hat-wearing demographic.1 (I suspect I'd feel odd in one of those things, like I was walking around with my own personal ceiling.2)

Side note: I also dig her wallpaper.

1 Who is in the broad-brimmed hat-wearing demographic? What are the parameters? There are the obvious upscale-ladies-at-the-Kentucky-Derby, but it extends beyond that: Clint Eastwood in spaghetti westerns, Sunday morning marms, Amish men...

2 Though I suppose wearing shoes is like walking around on one's own personal floor.2 Hmm... Heavy, man, heavy.

3 But following that metaphor, then aren't your clothes like your own personal house?3

3 And if one were to extend the metaphor way way too far, what does that make your underwear?4

4 Somebody please stop me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Don't forget about the wide brimmed sunhat, also popular with men although mostly I only see it on hikers or men from Asian countries. Sometimes I also see women rocking the wide brimmed visor - a new, more casual take on the upscale racetrack look.

    Terrytown

    ReplyDelete