Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ahh! Summer

One of the pesky things about stumbling into adulthood is that we (most of us, at least) no longer get summer breaks. But as a parent, one can experience a sort of second hand summer liberation. This is the first week of the kids' break, and though yeah, I've still got to go to my job (pesky thing), there are suddenly no complex morning carpools, no evening homework routines. The sun suddenly feels a little brighter, the air purer.1 Ahh! summer.

1 "Purer", doesn't quite seem like it should be a word. Purer. Purer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:10 PM

    You're right about "purer", but I can't for the life of me see why that is.

    (What does "for the life of me" mean literally?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. francine3:28 PM

    because pure is an unadulterated state - so actually you cannot be more unadulterated - though you could be less adult-like!

    ReplyDelete