Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Joe Paints a Landscape



Before entering into the hectic fray of his busy day, Joe takes a meditative moment to paint a landscape.1

1 Okay, okay. This wasn't actually one of the requests. (We'll get to those.) But a while back, Matt asked me to paint landscapes. Trouble is, we don't have many landscape opportunities in our densely packed little city. (And landscapes are hard, and I'm lazy.a) So as a bit of smart-assery, I outsourced the landscape painting to Joe.b
a Though I may still get around to them one of these days. 
b For what it's worth, the landscape that Joe is painting is in fact a cheeky insider reference to a landscape I did myself paint as a young lad, the Lost Painting at the End of the Earth. So... I've drawn a landscape-drawing-copy of a landscape-painting I once painted, and I've drawn Joe in turn painting a landscape-painting of that landscape-drawing-copy. Wheels within wheels, man.

1 comment: