Friday, February 14, 2014

"A Dream You Wish You Could Have"


This is the cat food we buy for Delilah.1 Note the copy (in front of the trippy looking cat):
"Pop open. A dream you wish you could have."
What does that mean? "A dream you wish you could have." Does "you" refer to the cat? To me? And the cat/I wish to have the dream? Or do they mean the cat/I wish to have the object of that dream (presumably highly desirable cat food)? And if they mean the cat food, then why "wish you could have"? The cat/I easily can have it. I bought it. It's sitting right there. I can pop open a can, and the cat/I could easily gobble down the contents. No problem. No "wish" involved.

It sounds like something written in another language and then badly translated. Weird.

1 She's an old gal and can't smell or chew too well. We basically have to feed her wet food, spoonful by spoonful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Awww. Sounds like you all are running an animal hospital.

    ReplyDelete