Sunday, March 16, 2014

Rain or Shine1

Yours truly, withstanding the cold and rain, Mardi Gras morning, as Zulu rolls by. You'll note I'm holding a Big Freedia CD, perhaps my best Mardi Gras catch ever. Photo by the Lady.

Where were we last? Ah yes, Mardi Gras morning. Well, part of Mardi Gras is the unpredictability of the weather. ('Tis the meteorologically bipolar time of year.) And this one turned out to be aggressively cold and wet (one of the coldest ever). But that didn't keep us home. We made it out in the morning to catch my favorite parade, Zulu. Decidedly fun, weather be damned, and then we retreated indoors, house-hopping from one domestic shindig to another. Cheerful and exhausting, exactly as Mardi Gras should be.

1 My my. One might think I'd given up blogging for Lent. Not so. But it takes a bit to get back in the groove after Carnival. And then life intervenes. And well, you know how it goes.

1 comment: