Friday, April 04, 2014

Avian Snack

It's funny how domestic cats, even though they get bowls of food conveniently delivered every day by their human minions, still get all worked up when they see a bird fluttering nearby. Pearl right now is staring intently up into the bamboo, where I can hear the telltale crackle of leaves, as some tweety little thing hops about. Though her chances of acquiring this avian1 snack are slim to none, she still has that laser beam predatory intensity in her eyes. Instincts run deep.

1 I was going to say "aviary", but that's wrong. I had to google "of or pertaining to birds" to remember the right word. Thank goodness I can outsource my memory to the web.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 AM

    You can write, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is estimated that cats in the US kill well over a billion birds a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! That's crazy. In this particular instance, though, it just wasn't going to work out for Pearl.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:48 PM

    I still love my kitty,

    ReplyDelete